Sunday, February 17, 2008

Now I know....

Well...now I know that journalling does indeed help. LOL It is sunday and I haven't posted anything since last week, and guess what? I had McDonald's today!!! I truly believe if I had made the conscious effort to blog...that I would have resisted the urge. And it isn't even that I 'wanted' it....it was easy. Sooo...looks like salad for me tonight.

I was only down .2 this week...but you know what? It's a loss. And that's the way I'm looking at it. In the past, I would have been devastated by that, but if it takes me 2 years to get my weight off, then that's only 2 years to make the rest of my life better. Soooo....trying to stay positive and going in the right direction!!

Thanks to the ladies that commented on my last blog, and I am truly going to take up a hobby. I think I'll see if there are any scrapbooking groups or something alone those lines. Not sure where to look, but I will definitely look into it.

We went to Lake Louise yesterday and checked out the ice sculptures....I was very proud of myself for doing all the walking, as it's hard for me to get up off my a$$ and actually do something physical. Oh, and Idid the 'deed' with DH last night too. I've been kind of neglectful with that in the last year or so, and I'm trying really hard to try to get back into my relationship with him. It amazes me at how weight affects so many aspects of my life. And I am sooo looking forward to feeling better about myself. :)

3 comments:

TinyTrim said...

Congrats on the loss! I think you've got a great attitude about it; I need to start thinking more like you!

It's funny you should mention "the deed" and how weight affects it. Speaking from personal experience, it's so very true that it does affect things!

momof2 said...

Oh yes....very much so. And my DH is overweight as well..though it's not as obvious as mine, as he is 6'5" and can handle more. But being intimate is tough for us, both phyically and mentally. I just hope we can change that before it effects our marriage. :/

Froggie-George said...

Congrats on the loss :) I too understand about the "deed"...for me, my husband works hard to "gain" weight which is all muscle as he's a fitness guru or I as fondly call him FREAK! :0) But it's hard because most of the time, I just feel gross. It's getting better..definitely a mind thing.

Keep up the great work and your positive attitude. Cheers :)