Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Anger issues

Well....I feel like I did pretty good today. I did have a snack of blueberries past 8 pm tonight, but I didn't get home from my girl's ballet til 8. So I am forgiving myself for that.

Anger issues. I'm not sure if I'm having anger issues, or I'm falling into the feeling sorry for myself category. But I'm hoping that talking myself through it here will help. I have some friends that appear to be so 'lucky'. It seems everything they have has fallen into their laps, and I can't but be envious. I hate feeling like that, and I hate myself for feeling like that.

We have moved to a place that I'm 'trying' my hardest to like, but it gets harder and harder every day. I don't want to keep harping on the issue, as my husband has enough to worry about. But every time I get shunned by ladies that I try to talk to, it hurts. I was almost in tears on the way home tonight. I don't think I'm a terrible person, I think I'm pretty personable, so it goes back to the question...."what's wrong with me?"

I am however proud of myself for not binging on food over all this. Instead, I came here and wrote down how I feel. I'm not sure it is helping, but at least my fingers are busy and I'm not reaching for food. *sigh* Why does it get harder to make friends as we get older? And why do we need friends as we get older? Shouldn't my family be enough?

1 comment:

TinyTrim said...

I know I can't exactly relate, not being in your position, but I do feel for you. I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well.

I find it difficult to make friends as I get older, too. Oftentimes, all I had was family.

Good for you though for not turning to food. That's a victory right there.