Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 1

There are a lot of articles out there, setting out the health and welfare of people 40+ in the country. And frankly, it doesn't look good. Obesity, heart disease, diabetes. Yes, it's scary. I'm turning 40 in July...and I'm a good 100 lbs overweight. I have struggled with weight since my mid 20s and it's time I take control. I know it's going to be a struggle and I know there are going to be hard days. I just have to find a way to pick up the pieces and move forward, instead of always feeling sorry for myself and falling back into the same mindless eating habits.

Here are some things I promise myself this time:
1. I will not give up
2. I will not use food to comfort my emotions
3. I will find a hobby to keep my hands busy
4. I will make better choices when eating out
5. I will not eat past 8 pm

It's a start...small as it is.

Today's starting weight: 280 lbs (EWWW)
Small goal: 10 lbs loss by Easter (March 22)
Eventual goal: 150 lbs

2 comments:

Shrunk said...

You can do it Momof2. I'm going to continue to watch for updates on your progress. My advice is to buckle down, stick with it...and get the job done. If you do this right, it won't take as long as you think it will.

GOOD LUCK on your journey to a healthier YOU ♥

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I started one last week, and think it's a great way to journal through things and track your journey. You're on your way! I'm with you on not eating after 8pm. I was a HUGE late night eater, but no more! Good luck to you.